The Ontario Soccer Association (OSA) require that all member clubs carry out rigorous screening of all volunteers in a position in which they are in direct contact with, or provide direct service to, vulnerable individuals, and in particular when the applicant will be in a position of trust, power or influence and whose contact is unsupervised and/or takes place off site.
- All Youth Competitive and U18 Recreational Coaches, Assistant Coaches who are on the bench during league and tournament games, Fall and Winter Instructors.
- All Senior Coaches and Assistant Coaches who have U18 players on their rosters and are on the bench during league and tournament games
- Staff Coaches
- Board members whose duties put them in the above described position.
Prospective and returning team officials are required to complete and submit the following documents to the Club:
- Volunteer Application Form, to be submitted annually
- A Police Records Check on appointment to a position in the Club which requires a PRC. Note: following the initial appointment to a position within a Club which requires a PRC, no additional PRC’s will be required as long as one serves as a Team Official, Staff Coach or Board Member with the Club without interruption.
- Proof of coaching credentials when applicable
Date: October 16, 2012 Executive Meeting